Sunday, February 24, 2008

yoga teaching

I taught my first yoga class this past week. I am blessed to have a wonderful supportive teacher who has allowed me to use her space while I go through my teacher training. I need to teach 8 free classes to finish my certification. This past Thursday evening 11 of my friends from different walks of my life came together for the first class. It was a great feeling to watch them all practice yoga. I received great feedback and good ideas to improve my teaching. I am looking forward to teaching a permanent class.

I spent a weekend in Boston in January learning how to teach yoga. The program is called yogafit and it is a vinayasa stylle yoga.  It was a great weekend session.  I learned from the instructor Mary Comfort as well as from the students in the class.  Many were fitness instructors already and were adding yoga to their repertoire.   Check out their web site www.yogafit.com

No comments: